Illegal prescription drugs were deadly for Justin Pearson
Justin Pearson, a resident of St Cloud, MN, died tragically at age 24 because of a prescription drug overdose. Justin died on December 25, 2006, after taking a mix of prescription drugs which he ordered from an illegal Web site. Web sites like these are illegal and sell prescription drugs without requiring prescriptions from the doctor. In Justin’s case, he was able to easily order drugs from an illegal Web site and the drugs were mailed to him. Taking the drugs without a doctor’s prescription, and mixing a high dose of different prescription drugs led to Justin’s death.
Justin Pearson’s story was the inspiration for the AWARxE campaign. We aim to prevent more tragic stories like Justin’s by providing information that will raise AWARxEness among consumers.
R U SAFE?
Protect your family and friends.
Record and understand prescription information, and rely on the experts,
pharmacists and doctors, for help.
Safely acquire medication, whether buying your prescription
at the neighborhood pharmacy or an online pharmacy.
Appropriately use and administer medications.
Find a secure storage spot, and dispose of unneeded medications.
Educate family and friends on abuse and misuse dangers.